Ufology is a neologism coined to describe the collective efforts of those who study unidentified flying object reports and associated evidence. Not all ufologists believe that UFOs are necessarily extraterrestrial spacecraft, or even that they are objective physical phenomena. Even UFO cases that are exposed as hoaxes, delusions or mis-identifications may still be worthy of serious study from a psycho-social point of view. While Ufology does not represent an academic research program, UFOs have been subject to various investigations over the years, varying widely in scope and scientific rigor.
The following Alien-UFO cover-ups span from World War II, through the Cold War.
World War II
- 1920s-1930s, Vril society contact with Aldebaran to acquire Vril power
- 1930s, Nazi UFO space program developed under the direction of Thule Society, guided by Vril society UFO plans.
- 1939, Nazi discovery of Neuschwabenland (New Swabia), Antarctica and alien underground base.
- 1939-45, Foo fighters observed in WWII skies
- 1942, Battle of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, USA
List of the most critical Alien-UFO cases and cover-ups:
- 1947, Kenneth Arnold — first publicized report of nine UFOs.
- 1947, Roswell UFO cover-ups in New Mexico; US contains an EBE-1.
- 1947, Memorandum 6751, UFO origins
- 1947, Majority 12 initiated by Harry S. Truman
- 1947, Project Sign, U.S. Air Force Study
- 1947, Murder of James Forrestal for fear of disclosing UFO phenomenon.
- 1948, Project Grudge, U.S. Air Force Study
- 1948, EBE-2 contained from Aztec UFO incident; in US custody.
- 1948, Kapustin Yar incident in Kapustin Yar, Russia; Based on the 1989 Operation Majestic report, Sethimus had indicated that the Russians also encountered (and likely contained) an EBE-2.
- 1952, EBE-1 dies in US captivity.
- 1952, Washington DC incident, UFO flap
- 1952, Churchill's Project Red Book UK disinformation campaign
- 1952, Project Blue Book, U.S. Air Force US disinformation campaign
- 1952, "Space Brothers" reveal themselves to certain groups throughout the world; Ashtar Command and the "Nordics" revealed to selected populous with discretion.
- 1954, Eisenhower's 1954 Greada Treaty with the Greys
- 1954, Global UFO Wave of 1954; Downplayed in media.
- 1954, The Brazilian Air Defense Command detected and registered UFOs – labeled as "H Traffic". This kicks off the Brazil-alien affairs.
- 1957-1960, Valiant Thor and accompanying Venusians visit The Pentagon.
- 1958, NASA is established during Valiant Thor's visit.
- 1961, After Valiant Thor departs, the Apollo Program begins.
- 1961, Hill abduction by Greys; accompanied by Nazi looking humanoid personnel.
- 1967, Ummo message revealed in the Ummo letters to a Madrid group, message of anti-war.
- 1970, Gobi Desert UFOs, Mongolia - Allegedly almost caused a nuclear war between Soviet Union and China
- 1975, Travis Walton UFO incident, alien abduction in Arizona
- 1977, Wow! signal reported and dumb-played.
- 1980, Rendlesham Forest Incident, Britain's Roswell
- 1980, Paul Bennewitz discovers Dulce Base; Goes public about cover-up in 1982.
- 1982, Byelokoroviche incident, Ukraine, Nearly caused a nuclear war
- 1982-83, New England UFO flap, USA
- 1985, Whitley Streiber has Communion with the "visitors" at his New York homestead.
- 1986, Dalnegorsk incident (Height 611) in the Izvestkovaya Mountain, Russia; Soviets recovered a UFO.
- 1988, Jim Sparks alien abduction revealed message of anti-war.
- 1989, Bob Lazar revealed Area 51 by name (before public knew about it) and the S-4 location housing nine UFOs.
- Main: Disclosure
- 2007, Disclosure Project, USA, Steven Greer
- 2010, Barack Obama issued Executive Order 13526, which allowed the CIA and the FBI to declassify and disclose UFO files from as early as 1947.
- 2010 November, FBI Records: The Vault, Unexplained Phenomenon releases various UFO files including the most important document of them all: Memorandum 6751 (1947), which reveals the presence of "supernormal" beings who are not indigenous to Earth; reveals UFO craft specifications.
- ↑ Promoting Openness and Accountability by Making Classification a Two-Way Street, by William H. Leary, Special Adviser to the National Security Advisor and Senior Director for Records and Access Management, National Security Staff, 29 December 2009
- ↑ FBI Records: The Vault, Unexplained Phenomenon